Saturday, August 25, 2012

003: Some footprints on my notebook

What do you usually get for yourself when you travel around? For example, a postcard, some local craft etc...When I started travelling around Japan by JR train, I found that they usually would have a rubber stamp at each station. Always the image that has been carved on the rubber stamp is the most famous thing or food or spot of that place.

These are some stamps I got for my recent trip to Tottori Sandune.
For me, it is like you check in yourself at certain place at facebook, what you stamp on your notebook is like leaving a footprint of the place you`ve been travelled on your notebook. You will never get the same stamp from one to the other station in Japan.

And, these are the stamps I got at Kobe and Izumo station.


As you flip through your notebook, you will know how many footprints you left in your travelling life.

2 comments:

  1. Just discovered Tabiyo through a friend and I'm ecstatic! Same friend also introduced me to the Traveler's Notebook when we were in Tokyo recently and the TN immediately fulfilled a gap in my life, something I wished the Moleskine could be. So thank you for making the TN more accessible!

    On leaving footprints, I'm embarrassed to say I only just realised the train stamps considering I've been to Tokyo a number of times... I'll be sure to fix this!

    Another type of footprint I like are tickets; concert tickets, shrine tickets, train tickets etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Akagashi!
      By carrying your Traveler's Notebook with you everyday, for sure you will be tempted to leave some footprints on it! We are doing it day by day too!
      Have fun! :D

      Delete